In October 2010, seventeen of us made a trek to the Annapurna Sanctuary through Evasion Trekking Pvt. Ltd.
This trek was an eye-opening experience for all of us that how people can be happy even with minimum facilities. We met very generous and happy people, who were ready to help us in every step.
We were greeted with warm greetings and kindness. Their hospitality and generousness were really impressive so that we came to think about returning in favor of doing something that could last for the long term. So we decided to start a project associating with Evasion Trekking for the development of their village starting with small projects.
Beginning of “Association for Development of Nepal/Merangding“
The Majority of the staff at Evasion Trekking and all those who were involved in our trek were from a remote village in the eastern part of Nepal, so we decided to help their village called Merangding, Solukhumbu. Informal education for women and children were the first project that we carried out to begin our journey; then we brought other new projects and moved ahead with building a community house for their village.
Then we moved further and started much-needed projects ‘Drinking Water Projects.’ in Merangding and surrounding villages. We have completed few of them and still working to provide for more villages in the region. Drinking Water Projects have been the biggest achievement for our organization.
We are legally registered association in France “Association for Development of Nepal / Merangding” (ADN) by setting the goal to help these projects, where anyone can drop by and contribute.
Contact Persons and Address
Mr. Jean VENARA and Mr. André BRETON
51 Rue de Voves
28630 Le Coudray
Contributed / Completed Projects:
– Drinking water project for Bhakhre village, Okhaldhunga – 2021
– Drinking water project for Bhumethan, Belidanda village – 2020
– 3 Sets of Computers for Pattale Primary School, Pattale – 2019
– Drinking water project for Pattale village – 2018 / 2019
– 3 Sets of Computers for Balathan Secondary High School, Merangding – 2018
– 15 Sets of Computers for Mahendra Jyoti Primary School, Angpang – 2016
– Solar Panel for Balathan Secondary High School, Merangding – 2016
– Poultry Farming, Merangding – 2016
– Metal sheets distribution – 2015 (Emergency shelter for earthquake victims)
– Drinking-Water Project for Merangding, Jorsalle and Katike villages – 2014
– Community House building, Merangding – 2013
– Informal Education Project for Women and Children – 2013